The White Stripes

First of all, I'd like to thank everybody for your supportive comments on my last post. I'm glad to know I'm not alone with occasional frustration and misunderstandings over something as inessential as a hobby. And don't worry, I don't get nasty comments like that all the time; mostly I just get mild confusion. When we're watching movies, I get the same reaction as you do, Sarah -- you know, I am capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time, so why not knitting and paying attention to a movie?!

In any case, I'll still knit happily on.

Unfortunately we're still having computer issues over here, so I can't show you any knitting photos (but I finished my Sidewinders, so hopefully I can show you those soon!)

Yet through the magic of iPhone, I can show you this fabulous photo of Jack White and the wonderful mirrorball that took my breath away during Saturday night's show. Actually, it's not that great of a photo, and it doesn't sufficiently show the awesomeness of the light in the venue, but that is okay. I don't know how they did it but it was luminous and amazing, and the effect of the white light and red stage was mesmerizing.

Jack White and mirrorball

Embarrassing confession time: before Saturday, I'd never been to a rock concert, and we kind of went on a whim. We'd talked about it but never got the tickets. So Saturday afternoon we're running over to Vienna, checking craigslist, calling strangers, and generally hoping to luck out and find sold-out floor tickets. Somehow we did, and ended up on the floor about 8 rows back from the railing. I had a lot of fun! Jack was all over the place, and Meg even got up and sang In the Cold Cold Night while Jack hid behind the drum kit. Very entertaining. And we were good and wore earplugs so as not to go deaf quite so quickly!

In other news, I've gotten further in planning the blog overhaul. There's going to be a new name, a new layout, a new color scheme, and a new feel overall. Of course if you read this through RSS you may not notice! However, the url is going to change; I'm not sure if everything will automatically redirect. If it seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth in the next two weeks or so, check in with me because that might not actually be the case.

And finally... another week or so and I should be getting my Ravelry invite! And the overhaul on this end should correspond to a new name over there, too. The check-your-spot-in-line feature at Ravelry is addictive for those of us who are a little antsy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks