Happy Christmas

Now that all the gifts have been given and I'm no longer in danger of giving away any surprises, I can show them to you!

What looked like quite a bit of yarn in that photo worked up very quickly, most of it into three hats.

First, a simple and warm Seaman's Cap for my dad:
Seaman's Cap
[Patons Classic Wool, #7 needles, and an afternoon]

Then, two wonderful Jared Flood designs, Koolhaas and Turn a Square, for someone very special:
Koolhaas Hat
[Patons Classic Wool again, although the color is a bit much and I may adopt it!]

Hat
[Cascade 220 and Noro Silk Garden, yum! Looks like I need to get a photo on the recipient, though....]

Finally, a lovely Lace Ribbon scarf in my sister's signature purple:
Lace Ribbon Scarf
[And yes, that's me at the edge of the frame with a silly toy!]

This was from a lovely ball of BMFA Socks That Rock in a club-only colorway. No, I'm not in the club, but it was another fortuitous raffle win! Look at those gorgeous colors.
STR

Yum! Thankfully the holiday knitting was pretty low-key and simple this year, just the way I like it. And I think everyone was pretty happy with what they'd received, which is of course the point. I also got some truly nifty things for Christmas this year, but I think they warrant their own post.

What was your favorite thing you gave this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks