Catch-Up

I have a feeling I'll be playing catch-up for a while. As I get used to my new job I think it will become easier, but that may be a while.

So I have worked for a week in my new job and I'm happy to be going back tomorrow. I'm getting to learn about interesting things as I write reports on patents. My co-workers seem pretty nice and I get to go home for lunch.

I have found some time to knit, amazingly... although most of it was this weekend.

I have been slowly working on my custom-fit gloves.

Trekking glove

I think it's important to make the process look as scary as possible and add all the extra dpns I can to stick out of the glove. I don't know why this project is going so slowly, but I'm just not excited about making those fingers. Maybe once it cools off a little....

And I am impatient and started another sock.

These are Anastasia socks, in Claudia Hand Paint Bearded Iris. It's shades of brown and purple, even if my camera cannot properly photograph royal purple to save its life.

Anastasia in progress

This is such a great and easy pattern. I have been knitting through movies and soccer matches and it just flies along.

And to celebrate my new job (okay, even though I haven't been paid yet) I went to an enormous sale at my LYS Saturday morning. Everything I bought was 70% off (yes, Koigu at 70% off!) and it was awesome. Actually that many people in a yarn store was a little crazy. Ladies with armloads of Manos and Malabrigo. Dazed husbands. Wool fumes. You get the idea. Much fun was had by all.

I think I'd better turn in for another day at work. I'm glad I got to start with a long weekend!

Comments

Dove Knits said…
Those look like a torture device right now, but I like them!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012