It's sweater season

Well, maybe I'm a bit late to sweater season, and I know I'm surely late to the game for this sweater, but I'm making one anyway.

FLS

Here is the beginning of the really lovely February Lady Sweater. Apparently everybody is making this - Ravelry currently lists over 3,000 projects, making it the most popular adult-size sweater on the site. The designer adapted a baby sweater pattern by Elizabeth Zimmermann to adult size. I'm excited about the effect - and who couldn't use another cardigan?

I'm about at the point where I can quit knitting endless garter stitch and switch to the lace pattern - I just have to double-check the raglan length against another sweater. Even with two needles in the bottom it's hard to gauge accurately how big it is when I try it on.

I have a feeling that once I get going, this is going to be a very, very quick sweater to finish. Which is good - it's already more than cold enough out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks