Lacevember Contest Entry

I am a newly minted Lacevember member! I'm not usually one to join lots of group blogs, but it seems like everything in my knitting basket right now is lace, so I figured it would be appropriate.

Since this contest could net me a delightful skein of luxury sock yarn, I'm in. Here goes.


The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting? I learned when I was about 6 or so. That makes it something like 17 years, which seems scary until I remember that I didn't knit for a whole bunch in the middle.

How did you learn to knit?
Mom, of course.

Favorite thing about knitting? I've always got something to do, and (hopefully!) something pretty at the end.

How long have you been knitting lace?
I just began to knit lace in the past year or two.

Favorite thing about knitting lace.
How something so impressive looking emerges out of something so scrunchy -- and easy to do!


The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn?
Don't know yet, but it might end up being Jaggerspun Zephyr.

Variegated or solids for shawls? I'd say solid, but right now I've got a variegated one going.

Favorite lace color? Natural white.


Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights?
Circs! The all-nylon Susan Bates kind. If you have any, please send them to me ;)

Favorite lace knitting trick?
Underwater? Standing on my head whistling Dixie? I'm not sure.

Lifelines? If so with what?
Heh. Lifelines are for sissies. I'll say that now, until one day I find myself cursing and frogging something important.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet?
Blocking wires, sure. Fancy ones? Not so much. I got piano wire at the hardware store for a couple bucks and it serves me great.


Pattern, or can you follow directions

Shawls or lacey items?
All of the above.

Triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls?
I've got a triangle and a rectangle right now. I'd like to try some circular ones, too. I keep trying to convince myself that it's not "old lady" to be running around in a shawl....

Charts or printed instructions?
Depends. I think most like the written instructions, but the chart is nice for knowing where you are going to go at a glance.

Favorite lace you've knit? Some scarves as gifts... no photos, sadly.

Favorite lace you want to knit? Peacock Feathers. In white. For my, you know, eventual imaginary wedding. Oh, and the Rose is a Rose shawl from A Gathering of Lace. Anything immense and impressive, really.


Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor?
Juicy Pear, hands down.

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... Uh, Viking guy, discovered stuff, probably killed a bunch of folks, red hair, that kind of thing. Sorry, mostly I do 19th century history.

Coke, classic or with lime? Orange pop. Or grapefruit pop. You heard me, I said pop.

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves?
If only they would come on for 1 week, instead of a whole month....

What is the definition of irony?
Whatever it is, Alanis Morissette got it wrong.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
Th-ree.

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? Um, it probably has less to do with your son than what you're feeding your cat. But cats are weird, so I don't know.

What is your superhero power? If I could read and knit at the same time, I could take over the world. But my real superhero power is clumsiness. Don't ask how they're going to someday let me work in a museum.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Cobalt blue.

What's for dinner tonight? Who's making it, you or me? Because I'd love for you to take me out. Otherwise it will probably involve noodles again.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? Yeah, that's gross. But probably hair. You can get it out with a pliers. Hope you've got a good gag reflex!

Ok, back to homework and laundry.

Actual Knitting Content: I have 10 rows left to go on the Shetland Triangle. If the world doesn't collapse on me in the next few days, it will be off the needles and nice and blocked soon. Hooray!

Comments

reluctantMANGO said…
Can't wait to see the Shetland!! Your lace projects are so inspiring... Oh, and if you ever figure out that reading/knitting thing, PLEASE let me know! My knitting time is forever cutting into my reading time, and vice versa. It's enough to make a girl crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012