V-neck Progress

Sometimes you just have to love stockinette stitch.

V-neck

I have been racing along on my new v-neck pullover and I've gotten to the point of finishing the body. All I have to do now is add the collar and sleeves. Amazingly, there will be no seams whatsoever in this sweater! I'm not even going to bind off at the neck; I'm just going to keep knitting for the collar. The sleeves are all picked up and knit, so when I bind off, all there will be to do is weave in some ends and block it.

While the pattern says the finished size is 39" - and when calculated, that's about what it should be - it's a little snugger than that. I think the reason is because I am knitting it out of wool and the original is in cotton. Here is a lovely headless photo of me wearing a half-finished sweater (these are always the best!)

V-neck

For the first time in weeks, it has been cool enough here to actually open the windows and get some fresh air in the apartment without feeling like we're going to die of heatstroke or horrible, oppressive humidity. I'm enjoying the unseasonably cool 80° weather. But in this swamp, I'm sure it won't last long.

Last but not least, we had some family friends in town for company this week and I received some very early birthday presents. I got one of the little Vogue Knitting on the Go books, the one on shawls, as well as some of the lovely new Kaffe Fassett inspired sock yarn. Thank you so much for thinking of me! What a pleasant surprise!

Kaffe Fassett sock yarn

Can't wait to cast on... must finish something else first....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012