Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bonsai


Over the weekend was the Art and Wine Festival. This means street closures, insane traffic, noise, and the questionable aroma of grilling sausage filling my house for 8 hours a day. Of course it also means booths full of all kinds of stuff. Usually I end up buying a piece of jewelry, but the piece I fell in love with turned out to be way, way out of my price range.

So I brought home this little guy instead.
IMG_1680
Juniper bonsai
He is a little juniper tree. (I picked juniper because I think they can take lots of abuse, and hopefully that will give him a better chance.) I think he looks very nice next to his rock. 

Anybody out there ever tried to grow a bonsai tree? Any tips?

1 comment:

ozette said...

What a venerable ancient art bonsai is. Enjoy!