Bonsai


Over the weekend was the Art and Wine Festival. This means street closures, insane traffic, noise, and the questionable aroma of grilling sausage filling my house for 8 hours a day. Of course it also means booths full of all kinds of stuff. Usually I end up buying a piece of jewelry, but the piece I fell in love with turned out to be way, way out of my price range.

So I brought home this little guy instead.
IMG_1680
Juniper bonsai
He is a little juniper tree. (I picked juniper because I think they can take lots of abuse, and hopefully that will give him a better chance.) I think he looks very nice next to his rock. 

Anybody out there ever tried to grow a bonsai tree? Any tips?

Comments

ozette said…
What a venerable ancient art bonsai is. Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012