From one thing to the next

I finished my handwarmers. Trouble is, this was a project to get rid of yarn that I have laying around, but there's still more than half a ball of the yarn left. I already have a Clapotis out of this stuff, and now handwarmers. Any other object would probably be overkill (particularly if I were to wear them all at the same time). Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually.

handwarm finish handwarm on

Here we are, first palm sides up, and on. I took the second photo myself. Don't ask me how.

Upon returning home, I realized that I was going to knit a lace wrap to wear to an upcoming wedding in August. Whoops! After a little confusion starting the project, here is almost the whole first repeat of the pattern, plus the border:

lace dream rep

This is the "Lace Dream" wrap from The Best of Knitter's Magazine Shawls and Scarves. Awesome hand-made center pull ball courtesy of my mom. It uses the "Ostrich Plumes" pattern, which, when stretched out quickly, looks like this:

ostrich plume closeup

I think this is going to be lovely. I'm using Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud laceweight, which has been nice to work with, and it's got just enough fuzz to be fluffy without driving me insane. Now... 18 more repeats and I'm good to go!

Comments

Dove Knits said…
I love the armwarmers. Great colors! And the shawl is fabulous.
kate said…
The shawl is gorgeous! What size needles are you using? I like how the gauge is working out.
Anonymous said…
This is looking terrific. How did you find knitting the hem? Pretty straightforward? I've only read the pattern; not attempted.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012