Saturday, September 23, 2006

New Project Bag

I had a busy day that I spent being crafty instead of doing schoolwork.

Here is what I have been wanting to make for a long time:

A bag to carry around all my sock projects in! It is just the right size, and built to last.

It is fully lined (and heavily interfaced):


It was relatively easy to make, although it took some planning (and me fixing a major screw-up wherein I thought I was being clever but actually made the bag totally unusable). It's about 7" tall, 6" wide, and 3 1/2" deep. The fabric practically jumped into my arms at the quilt store. I had been thinking of going with a reproduction '30s print, but I couldn't find one that struck me. So this wonderfully bright floral came with me (anemones and tulips and gerberas, yum!)

And it fits a sock project perfectly:


Ooh, what's that? More Pomatomus?

Here's a closer shot:


One of these days I'm going to remember to try to take photos while it's light out, so these photos of the lovely colors don't come out so crappy.

Now that I've done a full repeat on the Pomatomus, I find I really like them, although all the ribbing might get a little tedious. I'm also kind of afraid that doing everything twisted is going to leak over to the rest of my knitting, but I think I'll be able to manage.

In other news, I spent the afternoon with the lovely Natalie. We knitted, I wound a bunch of yarn (no photo -- you know what wound yarn looks like!), and we blocked out her shawl for her wedding in 2 weeks!

I'll leave you this photo as a teaser, but you should really go visit her blog for the rest of the story.



Now isn't that beautiful!

No comments: