Post-Finals Productivity

As you can imagine, I can get a lot more done at home when I don't have three papers to write.

Christmas Decorating
Yesterday I decided that once and for all I was going to have a Christmas tree in this crappy little apartment of mine. After an unsuccessful trip to two stores, a friend of mine remembered that they had just happened to have one sitting around in the trunk of their car. So, a little later I had a 3' tree. Well and good, right? Wrong.

Darn thing had tripod feet... but only one of them! So as you can imagine, it didn't want to stand up very well. After fighting with it for almost an hour to rig it to stand up and not bust all my ornaments, I gave up and tied it to the wall.



Photos of Christmas trees always turn out crappy, which is a shame, because this one is nice. I've got lots of handmade ornaments. It goes a long way towards making me happy for a couple of weeks, regardless of whether my boyfriend really likes it or not.

Knitting
That's why you're here, right? Or at least that's what I'd like to think.

I had to make these, even though they're ridiculous and I will probably never wear them outside the house. I don't know why I'm using the plural, because so far there is only one sock.



See? My other leg was getting really cold taking these pictures.



I'm using Lion Brand Magic Stripes, which, as most of you know, is not the greatest thing in sock yarn. But I really like this color combo, and it was cheap, and I don't care. I did a basic toe-up pattern, added some heel stitch on the back of the heel, and did tons of increases to compensate for my calves, and lots of ribbing to keep them on. I'm really happy with the fit, and they knit up super super fast. Time to start the second one!

Complaining
I do a lot of this, too. I was going to complain about the winter Knitty -- namely the small number of sweaters that they included -- but then I realized that I hadn't submitted anything, so maybe I shouldn't complain. I really like the looks of the Eiffel sweater -- it's even in the right Eiffel-Tower color -- but I don't think I've got the body for it. I am definitely going to make the Monkey socks. I have just the yarn for it. I really like Cookie's designs and I really want to start these right away, but I think I'd better finish my other Pomatomus or knee-high before I get into another sock project. Finally, I think Norberta, the little stuffed dragon, is really cute, too. The rest of it... didn't really jump out at me. And that's okay. I don't really need any more projects right now. At least the Monkey socks will help me knit through some yarn I already have.

Baking
Oh wait, that's later today. How about some Parisian Orange Cookies?

Cleaning
That's always a decision, whether to clean other parts of the house, or bake first. Any guesses? Happy weekend!

Comments

Dove Knits said…
Yay for done with finals!

That sock is CUTE. I want to have nice enough legs to wear knee socks, or else the complete disregard for my legs :) Either way.

I love Norberta, too, and Monkey. I think you can definitely pull off Eiffel -- I mean, why not?

Cleaning...you're breaking into a foreign language here, sorry.
Sarah said…
That sock is awesome! Your diligence has inspired me to finish my socks of death - only a toe to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks