Learning Curve

Finally, I have knitting to show you! The last few months of grad school really kicked my butt and I didn't get much knitting done. Now that I have some free time I've been able to work on the backlog of yarn I have.

Photo0005

These photos don't show much except my learning to use the camera in my new cell phone. I'll figure it out soon, I promise.

These are just some generic toe-up socks in Koigu that I bought while I was in Santa Fe last summer; I don't remember the color number. But with two skeins of yarn I got two socks for my not-tiny feet which are almost too long. Hooray for not running out of yarn!

Photo0004

I'm still(!) working on the Pomatomus socks as well as Eunny's Bayerische socks, but I may start something up again that is just plain stockinette. I've been watching a lot of movies lately and intensive cabling plus movie doesn't sound like a good combo.

And how about that yarn diet? Well, if sock yarn "doesn't count" (I've bought yarn for 2 pair), then I've only spent $10 on yarn so far this year, and the year's half over and I'm certainly in no danger of running out any time soon.

I am in the process of moving further south, this time into Virginia. I wonder how many sweaters I can continue to find useful... I see lots of fine-gauge or lacy things in my future. Doesn't sound too bad, really. In fact, I've got most of one done already....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks