Crawling back

Looks like it happened again... I fell off the Internet.

Never fear, I'm still knitting. It's simply that many of the projects that I was knitting in the interim were samples that I was unable to show off.

At least I have something to show for my time away: yet another pair of socks! Ravelry's Sock Knitters Anonymous and their monthly Sockdown knit-along has inspired me yet again to actually complete a project.

Hedera

I had wanted to knit Cookie A.'s Hedera Socks ever since the pattern was first published in Knitty. While admittedly the pattern is a bit boring, the effect is lovely.

Hedera socks

I picked up the yarn, some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe, on my last trip to Chicago. It seemed a fitting souvenir (as Lorna's is Chicago-based). Not usually a fan of their "Stripe" colorways but the two colors were close enough in tone in this colorway that they blended well in the body of the sock and made nice stripes at heel and toe.

Hedera

I love the way the color pops against the incredible blue autumn sky today. The laciness of these is of course starting to make them a bit impractical as the temperature drops, but they're ready for warm days ahead.

Comments

Sarah said…
Love the socks! It wouldn't even be able to tell that it's stripy yarn if it weren't for the heels. Looks like you're having great fall weather out east. (Jealous)
Anonymous said…
Welcome back to the Internet - LOL. It happens to all of us from time to time. I absolutely love that picture of the socks against the sky -- very nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012