Win-Win Situation

So a while ago, when I was visiting Alexandria, I was knitting a pair of socks in the rocket lounge at fibre space. After I got past the heel turn and most of the gusset, I was finally able to try them on.

DSC03888


And they wouldn't go over my heel. Argh! I have wide feet and high arches, and really it shouldn't have been a surprise that a sock covered in cables wouldn't stretch to fit.

It's an otherwise lovely pattern, called Bouton d'or, by Nicole Masson. I knit these in Hazel Knits Artisan Sock, which I got at Bobbin's Nest and have discovered I like very much indeed. The color is called Equinox and is somewhere between the two photos shown here.

I took the needles out and got ready to rip them out when Cindy, who was sitting nearby, had the brilliant idea to try them on. Luckily they fit her, and we worked out a swap. And lucky for me, Cindy has wee tiny feet so the knitting was speedy!

Cindy might be generous to a fault, and the other day this scrumptious package showed up in the mail.

DSC03884


And I'll bet you can't guess what was inside....

DSC03886


Yes, that's a big lovely hank of Wollmeise Lace. (The color is Madame Souris WD, if you're a Wollmeise junkie and you have to know these things). I haven't the foggiest idea what to do with it, but that's okay. It is purple and grey and gigantic and wonderful and I'm sure something lovely will come of it.

Finally I got the socks done and they have been washed and blocked and they are winging their way back to Virginia. I can't imagine Cindy is going to get much wear out of them for a little while, what with the heat, but I hope she loves them all the same.

DSC03926

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012