Sample roundup

Miss Babs has been keeping me busy (as usual!) working on some samples.

IMG_1286
Erica Shawl
This is the Erica Shawl, knit up in Miss Babs Tierno (the alpaca-silk blend also known as the 'kitten yarn') in Coventry - my favorite green. It's an easy bottom-up pattern that involves a giant cast-on, the lace pattern, and then short rows in stockinette stitch to complete the body.

To ensure the greatest possible flexibility on the bottom, I went looking for a new cast-on. I discovered that Jeny - she of super-stretchy bind-off fame - had found a very stretchy cast-on. However, I found her method a bit awkward and used the method described in this video instead. It's definitely worth a try if you have a large number of stitches to cast on (no long tail) and need great elasticity. It requires a little more attention than the standard long-tail cast on, but is well worth the effort.

Stitches Midwest 2012
Boyfriend Cardigan
I knit up a quick Boyfriend cardigan for Stitches Midwest in Miss Babs Yowza in Ruby Spinel. Yum, red - and I found the perfect little shiny shell buttons to go with it. It's a very simple pattern with an interesting rib detail.

Deco
Deco
And this month I've been scrambling to knit up Deco in Northumbria DK in Moss. I love the slip-stitch pattern. Deco might also be the sweater that converts me to top-down set-in in-the-round sleeves. I'll do another post on the details of the technique that Kate Davies used... but long story short, it wasn't frustrating (unlike every other time I've tried it). This sweater is winging its way to Rhinebeck and SAFF... Yes, I made a Rhinebeck sweater but I didn't get to go! One year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks