February Already?!

After seeing so many fun and thoughtful poems across blogs today, I've finally found some time to add my own.

This is in honor of The Second Annual Brigid in Cyberspace.

Without further ado, here is one of my favorite E. E. Cummings poems. I like the duality of meaning.

she being Brand

-new;and you
know consequently a
little stiff i was
careful of her and(having

thoroughly oiled the universal
joint tested my gas felt of
her radiator made sure her springs were O.

K.)i went right to it flooded-the-carburetor cranked her

up,slipped the
clutch(and then somehow got into reverse she
kicked what
the hell)next
minute i was back in neutral tried and

again slow-ly;bare,ly nudg. ing(my

lev-er Right-
oh and her gears being in
A 1 shape passed
from low through
second-in-to-high like
greasedlightening)just as we turned the corner of Divinity

avenue i touched the accelerator and give

her the juice,good
(it
was the first ride and believe i we was
happy to see how nice she acted right up to
the last minute coming back down by the Public
Gardens i slammed on
the

internalexpanding
&
externalcontracting
brakes Bothatonce and

brought allofher tremB
-ling
to a:dead.

stand-
;Still)



Knitting content hopefully tomorrow, but more likely on Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012

Introducing Escargot