Monkey Socks

I have had an absolutely crazy week. Staying out every night til past ten and then having to get up at 5:30 to go to work all over again is not my idea of a restful time, but I had a lot of fun.

One thing that got lost in the shuffle was the Monkey Socks!



From the front...



And the bottoms. No, that isn't a trick of the light, they are totally two different colors. I guess that's what you get with handpainted yarn, and I'm not complaining.

These were an amazingly fast knit. I'm already half through with a different sock, which I'll have to show you tomorrow.

I have some new baby plants in my house:



I got a packet of grow-your-own 4-leaf clover seeds as a gift, so I'm starting them out to see if I really get one. I have an uncanny ability to find them in the wild, but I'm guessing the seeds I've got won't be mutated. In any case, it will be a cute little pot of something else green.

And what else is wonderful, my Christmas cactus is blooming:



I love the flowers because they're so wild compared with the rest of the plant.

Last but not least, there's the Super Bowl today. I will be cheering on my hometown Bears, and I'm bringing my cassette tape of the Super Bowl Shuffle, just in case. It's actually a really awful song, but it's quite funny. Bear Down!

Comments

reluctantMANGO said…
Awesome socks! I picked up some Claudia's handpaint of my own to knit a pair of Monkeys for myself - glad to hear you liked the pattern!
Dove Knits said…
BEARS SUCKED. My coworkers will be upset, which means I'll be miserable, too :)

Nice socks, though. And what a pretty cactus!
Sarah said…
Ooh, is that what a Christmas cactus looks like? I totally have one of those - except that it looks kind of droopy. Nice socks! They'll look beautiful displayed in that cool sock box you have.
Liz said…
Tag, you're it!
I read your blog all the time, so I thought I'd tag you in a meme. Come to my site to check out the rules! :)
http://lizknits1485.blogspot.com/2007/02/ive-been-tagged.html

Popular posts from this blog

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012

Introducing Escargot