Saturday, February 03, 2007

Resolution Update

Well, one month into the new year, it's time to take a stab at reviewing my resolutions.

1. Take better care of my teeth.
Progress: Well, I am using more Listerine. I guess that's good.
2. Knit from my stash (as much as I can, especially after all the yarn I got for Christmas).
Progress: I have not bought any yarn so far! Yay!
3. Get some more exercise so I don't turn into a weenie.
Progress: Um... yeah, not so much. Maybe next month.
4. Take my classes a little more seriously.
Progress: Don't know yet!
5. Get a real job, after I graduate (scary!!).
Progress: Working towards that... fingers crossed!
6. Save enough money so I can visit Collin in Spain. (I just put him on the plane!! I am scared and excited and sad all at the same time, but so happy for him.)
Progress: Well, if the tax return is any indication, this might be easier than I thought.


I am sad to relate the passing of a friend. On Wednesday, Kyle passed away after struggling with Cystic Fibrosis for most of his life. A year and a half ago he was fortunate to receive a bilateral lung transplant which greatly improved the quality of his life. The strength and toughness it took for him to simply live was astounding. I am happy to have been a friend of his, and I am saddened that he is gone from us now. Even though we knew his time with us would be limited, we never wanted to think about the end. RIP, friend.

1 comment:

Madam said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. It sounds like he lived a good life.