Finally Finished!

It's time for my first finished object since January (well, one that I can actually talk about).

Lace Ribbon Scarf

What's this, you say? Hooray for the lovely Lace Ribbon Scarf designed by Veronik Avery. Incidentally I think I want to be Veronik Avery when I grow up. I wouldn't even have to change my name very much! In any case, I'm so glad this scarf is done, mostly because this is the third incarnation of this yarn.

Poor Spunky Eclectic Super Socks... I loved this yarn (now, sadly, unavailable). It was beautifully dyed, the colors were unique, it was nice and soft and squishy... and just didn't want to be anything I wanted it to be.

Here is the yarn, so innocently awaiting a project, months and months ago.

Spunky Eclectic

First I tried to make it into a pair of socks. Yuck! They didn't fit and the colors pooled oddly, which was a shame for this yarn.

lozenge socks

Then I tried to make it into the Lace Diamond Scarf, and got all the way to the end before the edging got screwed up. It looked nice for a while, though.

VLT Scarf

diamond lace scarf

Finally it found its true calling in this beautiful pattern.

Lace Ribbon Scarf

Super speedy, easy to memorize and modify, and a gorgeous result. This is an excellent pattern. Yes, it might be a little tedious in the long stretch, but it gives fabulous results and you can work on it anywhere. Make one!

The stats:
Lace Ribbon Scarf, by Veronik Avery, published in Knitty.
Spunky Eclectic Super Socks in Berry Pickin'
#4 nylon circular needles
My Ravelry page for it is here.

And then I promptly gave it away. A friend of mine is moving away to take a new job, and I wanted to give her something to take with her. I loved this scarf, but I've found the things I love best come to be the most lovely gifts.

Comments

Sarah said…
Way to beat that yarn into submission! It looks perfect as the scarf - I've been wanting to make that myself for a while. Your friend is very lucky to get such a cool present. (Or warm present?)
Dove Knits said…
Pretty! Great job!

And your name is freakishly similar to Veronik Avery.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012