Leaflet

Let me start by saying I love Knitty. Funky free patterns from big name designers AND people like you and me - what's not to love? Imagine my surprise, then, when I was in a yarn shop the other day and I overheard that the new girl there had never heard of it. Thankfully it sounded like she was excited to discover it.

Knitty's First Fall issue went live a few weeks ago. I fell in love with Cecily Glowik MacDonald's Leaflet, which is a sweet little sleeveless cardigan with a fresh leaf detail right down the back. Bonus: it's knit in big yarn on US #10 needles!

So I made a phone call to my good friends at fibre space, and soon thereafter there was a nice package of yarn on my doorstep. I'm trying out the new-for-fall Berroco Voyage, which is a knitted tube of alpaca and polyester. It's soft, lofty, warm, and knits up so fast.

Leaflet


It's been nice to zip along on a little something for me. And seeing as I went up to San Francisco over the weekend and froze my butt off... and went out last night and had to wear a hat and a jacket... yes, I can use a little alpaca cardigan in California, even in July.

And why did I go out last night? There just might have been a midnight launch party at the friendly local bookstore that I felt compelled to attend. Yes, I feel a little dorky, but I didn't stay up all night reading it. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Comments

Sarah said…
It's hard to imagine not knowing about knitty... it seems ancient, having been around pre-ravelry. I'm liking the sweater, the leaf motif is making me think of fall. But alas, it is still 100 degrees.

Popular posts from this blog

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012

Introducing Escargot