Lintilla

Hooray, it's a scarf thing. Because we all need another scarf thing or three.

Lintilla
Yep, from the same photo shoot as earlier.
Okay, no really, I like it. It's called Lintilla, by Martina Behm, and it's fun and easy and made out of garter stitch and short rows and the infamous Wollmeise. (Colors look weird in these photos, for you WM junkies the color is Spice Market WD 100%). I knit it on a US #3. Not that that really matters. It's a scarf!

I saw my first one of these when I was working with Miss Babs at a show and we pulled a brand new one fresh from the sample knitter out of its mailing box. It was big. It fluttered. It had life in it! I knew I had to have one and grabbed the pattern right away.

Then I spent quite some time agonizing over what to knit it out of (the original is made in Wollmeise, which has 575 yards and is tons bigger than almost any other sock yarn). I thought I could make it out of one yarn I had, but I wasn't sure I liked the colors. It wasn't until I dug through ALL the yarn that I realized I actually HAD Wollmeise and didn't have to agonize at all. Whoops. There I go, trying too hard.

DSC04064
Apparently I'm confused about how to wear a scarf.
And then I knit and knit and knit some more. Garter stitch can be very therapeutic - and easier to take to social knitting events than just about anything else. I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn at the very end... but then I didn't. How's that for a happy ending?

Comments

MorningSprite said…
Hrmmmm...I have that skein of WM in peppermint prince that doesn't have a pattern home yet....

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012