Sweater Progress



Here is the back of my cabled sweater. It's coming out to be the right width, thankfully -- that tiny bit of ribbing you saw really did turn into this. It's about 8 inches long and I'm supposed to start the armholes at 10 1/2 inches. I'm thinking I may make it a little bit longer. I'm not in danger of running out of yarn, as far as I can tell.

It's uncommon for me to knit anything on as big of a needle as a #8, so I feel like I'm just flying along, and it's so gratifying to see the sweater grow.

I keep contemplating learning to knit combined, because it really does make the transition between knit and purl stitches cleaner. I have some loose stitches that are simply the product of switching between knit and purl and the way I knit, but I don't know if I can handle the transition to combined knitting, re-learning my purl, and learning to deal with all the twisted stitches without worry.

Maybe on another project! At least this one will be consistent, and some blocking can even out some of the stitches a little bit.

Charity Knitting Update
I still only have one sock.

However, I'm really happy with the response that I've heard from some other local knitters!! I'd like to reiterate the need for woolen things, and that the greatest need is for teenagers and socks, but of course any sizes will be welcome.

Grad School Update
I attended the introductory class lecture today; tomorrow and Friday I will lead discussion sections. I guess reality has to set in sometime!

One girl asked me who I was today, and I said, "the TA" and she replied, "what's a TA?" which kind of threw me, but no big. She'll find out soon enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks