Too much time on my hands

Okay, I obviously need something constructive to do.

Oh wait, knitting is constructive, right?

You're sure? Good.

So I ripped out the pink and purple sock, because it was bugging me. Too chunky, too boring, too stripey.

Koigu Monkey

And re-knit it yesterday into a Monkey sock. I'm not sure why I chose Monkey. It may have been because I was wearing my other pair at the time, or maybe because the weird stitch pattern is satisfying. It does a lot in its weirdness... it's flat after it's blocked, it's interesting but really easy to knit, and moves the rows of stitches around a bit. It's still weird though.

I've also been working on my bedjacket, which has some of the strangest construction I've seen in a sweater in a while.

Bed Jacket

At least now it's beginning to look somewhat like a cardigan. I'm considering altering the pattern to use some different lace edging, but I'm not sure which one yet. I'm sure there will be something suitable out of Victorian Lace Today or another book.

In other news, having too much time has allowed me to determine what I want to de-stash, and there is quite a bit of it - a whole plastic tub's worth. I won't pester you with photos here, because all the relevant info is up on my Ravelry stash page.

Happily, it is also Restaurant Week here in the DC area, and we are hoping to try out two new restaurants before time runs out... otherwise we might not be able to try them. There's a great Mexican place and a Northern Italian one... both of them do some very innovative things with traditional ideas, so we're hoping to be able to get a table. Restaurant Week is good because you get to try places for cheap, but it's bad because it becomes crazy to go out to dinner. We'll see how we do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks