In lieu of knitting

And when you can't post photos of knitting... post photos of flowers!

I've been doing some work on my patio, putting in some more flowers and herbs and veggies for the summer.

I already have one tiny tomato!
Tiny tomato!

While I'm not a big fan of petunias (the smell, the stickyness, the ubiquity) I fed these little guys lots of Osmocote and they are really taking off. I'm starting to love them, and they're going to be ginormous.
Petunias
(My camera can't figure out magenta for any reason! Terrible.)

I wish I knew the name of my one daylily. It amazes me that it overwinters in my container, and I'm so happy to see these huge 6" blossoms.
Daylily

Last but not least, I found a castor bean. Someone was selling seedlings at the Farmer's Market, and I just couldn't resist. So I potted him up and he is growing like a weed! This is the sort of thing that wants a time-lapse video taken, but I'm a bit too lazy for that. Any bets on how big he'll get this summer and whether I'll need to repot him? (When I started seeds myself, the packet said 4-15' height...)
Castor bean

It's going to be my very own little jungle out back. Excellent.

Comments

Sarah said…
FIFTEEN FEET? You really will have a jungle out there. I currently have a lima bean plan that is pushing 5 feet (and growing out of a container, too.) This crazy swamp weather does wonders for plants!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks