Potential

Sometimes, when the sweater you're knitting is ugly, or doesn't fit, or is somehow full of mistakes... sometimes you just have to rip the whole damn thing out, toss the yarn in a box, and wait for a while to start over. What was once a failed endeavor becomes an opportunity. Disappointment gets turned back into potential.

Suffice to say I've been gone for a while, doing a lot of metaphorical ripping and re-potentializing (is that a word? Probably not. Who cares.) I've been enjoying the hospitality and company of family and old friends. I've been knitting and gardening up a storm. And now I'm back to a point where I want to blog again.

So here I am! Enough with the serious business and let's talk about knitting.

New Project

See what I mean about ripping and re-doing? That used to be the bedjacket. Now it will become something new, of my own invention.

Soon I'll be hoping to show off more of what I've been doing the past few months. Although much of it has been super-secret sample knitting, some of those things (from a year or more ago!) have finally become public and I'm excited to share them with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks