Afghans for Afghans

Back in May, the very kind folks over at Cephalopod Yarns started up a collection of wooly things to benefit Afghans for Afghans. They promised a $32 store credit to anyone who sent in something for a4A's current campaign (a hat, mittens, socks). I had been hoping to send in some items to a4A anyway (because my gosh there's a lot of worsted weight wool just laying around) so I took the opportunity.

I knit up two hats - one with a geometric color pattern, one with stripes - and promptly forgot to photograph them. Good job, me! You'll just have to use your imagination instead of looking at a picture.

In return, my store credit turned into this lovely skein of Bugga!

IMG_1331
Bugga! in Ivory Cone Snail
Even for two hats, I feel like I got far more than I deserved here. I love the color (yellow and cream and pinky-tan and brown spots! - a very unusual choice for me) and of course MCN is just lovely stuff. So - a big thank you to Sarah and the crew at Cephalopod for drawing attention to this good cause and so generously rewarding everyone who gave.

Now... to decide what to make with it... hmmm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012