Summer Knitting

I don't know why I feel compelled to knit summer sweaters, but I just finished a couple. Maybe I'll even wear them. Here's some photos from a silly photo shoot we had.

DSC00544
Buttercup
Back when I was at the yarn shop, I saw a lot of nice Buttercups come and go. So I picked up some Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy (seriously, this is the best warm-weather yarn out there, and a bargain at the same time) and got started. It's actually not as flattering as I would have hoped, but whatever. It's green! And airy! And super-duper fast. I probably should have bought another ball of yarn and made it longer, but... it's all done now.

Big thanks go out to Abigail for putting some of the last rows on it at knitting one night when she ran out of knitting and I (as usual) had three projects in my bag.

DSC00534
Homa
This is Homa (yeah, there may have been a lot of laughing going on when the photos were taken) which is surprisingly way more flattering than Buttercup. It's a top-down sweater with some clever arm shaping and an easy lace pattern all the way around the body. I knit it in just three balls of Berroco Remix in this awesome tangerine color. Not so sure about a worsted-weight short-sleeved thing, but it's cool enough here that I should be able to wear it with a long-sleeved tee in the fall.

Any fun summer knitting going on out there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks