Stitches Midwest

I spent the past week in Chicago to join forces with Miss Babs and work Stitches Midwest (and, also very importantly, to see my mom).

Stitches is always a ton of hard work - and an equal amount of fun. Babs has put together a great team of people to work with. We hustle like crazy and haul giant heavy boxes around like they're nothing. And of course it's great to be surrounded by all the beautiful colors and happy yarn people all week!

Stitches Midwest 2012
Part of the booth at Stitches

Color Affection has been an incredibly popular pattern and why not? it's easy to knit, snuggly, and eats up three skeins of sock yarn! Miss Babs and the crew put together sets of three colors... picking two colors that go together is pretty easy, but adding that third color to bring it all together can be pretty tough. No one person loves all these sets... but as the weekend went on I became convinced that there was one for everyone. 
Stitches Midwest 2012
Color Affection sets
At first I thought "oh my gosh all that garter stitch surely I'll die of boredom" but then I wore one for a couple of days and... now I need a Color Affection of my own. I have picked out my colors: espresso brown, cream, and peony pink.

I didn't do too much shopping at the show, but I had to pick up some Hiya Hiya Sharps needles. [I can't use Addi Turbo Lace needles because the finish on them reacts really horribly with my body chemistry, so it's so nice to have an economical and non-reactive option.] I also couldn't resist this skein of Windsor sock yarn or this lovely sock project bag from Erin.Lane

Stitches Midwest goodies
Can you tell I have a thing for green with purple?
I also showed off Brighton all weekend in the booth and I was super tickled by all the people who said they loved it, bought the pattern, and even asked me to autograph it! All in all, I had a great time - I was totally exhausted by the end, but it's well worth it.

Comments

MorningSprite said…
Ooooo, can I have your autograph lady?

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks