Introducing Marquise

This post has been a long time coming.

Last year I knit a reversible baby blanket for my friend Amanda's little baby Hazel. The first blanket was screaming hot pink (perfect for Amanda) but I had a terrible time photographing it.

So Miss Babs and I teamed up to make another sample, this time in a beautiful spring green. The yarn is  Yowza, a lovely superwash merino in big 8 oz. skeins, and the color is called Spring Lettuce. It seems like everything I make is in this shade of green, but ... I can't help it, I love it so much.

Marquise baby blanket
Marquise baby blanket

The blanket is called Marquise because of diamond pattern reminds me of a marquise-cut diamond. It's just knits and purls, is completely reversible, and works up quickly into a thick and cushy blanket on big needles. (The pattern is given both as written directions and as a chart). You can get your copy here on Ravelry for $6...

Marquise baby blanket
All snuggled up!
Next week I'll be heading to the Chicago area for Stitches Midwest, where once again I'll be wrangling yarn with Babs and her crew. We have a triple booth: 317, 319, and 418! This year I've roped my mom into the mix, too. We're going to have one heck of a good time... and I'll have another pattern debuting at Stitches - perfect for using that skein of variegated sock yarn you just couldn't live without.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks