Finally Leafed Out

Here in Delaware, spring is in full swing. Magnolias, forsythias, daffodils, hyacinths, pansies, muscari, cherries, you name it. Everything is blooming. And everything is starting to leaf out -- including me!

Falling Leaves

I finished my Falling Leaves socks today, while also completing that other necessary spring ritual, filing my taxes.

Falling Leaves

I had to wait in line, because I was able to get them done for me for free at the public library (with income from three states this year, I didn't want to do them myself). Note there are no photos of me filing my taxes. It's better that way. I waited in line for three hours.

And of course here's a closeup of the lace pattern.

Falling Leaves Closeup

And the stats:
Yarn: 2 skeins Koigu KPPPM #516
Needles: #1 dpns -- I am whiney about learning the new ways of doing socks on circulars, so I sucked it up and did the shifting lace pattern on dpns anyways. Actually, the leg was fine -- I did it on 3 needles instead of 4, and that solved the shifting problem. I didn't have much of a choice, as I sat on one of my needles in the process and was forced to use one less than normal for a while.
Pattern: Falling Leaves by Jessica Landers.

In other news, I got my Knitpicks order today -- nothing special -- and this sure ain't a Flash Your Stash post. I'm too lazy for that.

kporder04032006

Here's what I got. Some sock yarn (the green appropriately named "Grass" as my current research project is about lawns) and I'm going to try out Shine (even though I'm usually anti-cotton) to make a Picovoli top, in the ongoing hope to be able to wear knitted items in the summertime.

Finally, in the spirit of leafing out, here is a little something that made my day this morning when I noticed it:

xmascactusleaf

My Christmas cactus has a new leaf, which means I'm not killing it, and it seems as if it has the potential to develop a few more. Nothing's more fun than to see light shining through brand new baby leaves. Well, okay, maybe seeing your leg through brand new leafy lace. That's pretty good, too.

Comments

Dove Knits said…
I love dem socks. So pretty! I've been meaning to make a pair for a while.

To answer your question about where I am in Chicago, I'm in Lakeview and work downtown. I'm only here for grad school, though...I think!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks