One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

In my zealous sock-knitting spree (during a funny Spanish movie) I mistakenly knit the leg of my sock too long. I made it past the heel before I realized that I was going to run out of yarn.

paradeprerip

Don't counsel me on toe-up socks. I know, I know, you never have this problem if you do it that way, but not being able to do heel stitch bugs me somehow. And I kind of like to graft toes.

So I ripped it out! Hooray!

Ripped Ribbing

I enjoy the physics, such as there are, of knitting. I like the way the knits and the purls fall back and forth when they come off the needles. Or maybe I just tell myself this to negate the pain of what was almost a sock disappearing.

Sock restarted

Here is what's left of the sock, with Buck standing guard. I know I didn't have to rip it out that far, but I didn't like how the all-stockinette leg was fitting, so now it's going to be ribbed all the way down.

Oh, and KnitPicks... sometimes, you're crazy.

"NOTE: The yarn label incorrectly states that Parade knits up at 7-8 stitches per inch. This yarn is actually a bit thicker and knits up quickly into warm socks at 6 stitches per inch." --KnitPicks


This is complete hooey. It knits up perfectly fine at 8 sts/in, and anything less would, in my humble opinion, make socks that were nubbly on the inside and would wear through instantly.

/rant.

Anyhow, to ease the pain, I dug out a skein of Noro Kureyon out of the giant red afghan basket, and started this:

Vogue freebie Noro hat

The afghan didn't quite deserve the Noro, and anyways, I had the same color as the model. You know, you can only make the object in the color the model was made in. Honestly.

And then because I didn't concentrate on anything else...

Vogue Freebie Hat

I finished it.

In other news, but without photos, I fixed C's hat for him that he's been bugging me to fix for months, and ripped out another hat that was ugly and ... well, ugly. But you know what balls of yarn look like, so I won't bore you with them.

Off to practice the other part of taking over the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks