Now with buttons

In between all the socks (is it crazy that I'm thinking of casting on two more pair, with two already on the needles?) I've still found time to work on my February Lady Sweater. I'm well into the lace part of the body, so the whole thing is growing fairly quickly.

Over the holidays I had the good fortune to find some cute buttons for this sweater. What is it with buttons? How are there so many ugly buttons out there, and so few interesting and good-quality ones? In any case I'm happy with these. They're wood and have some nice detail for interest.

FLS with Buttons
[Hooray, a close-up!]

FLS with Buttons
[And from further away - see, I've got some lace done.]

I found these at a cute little shop in Greenville, SC called The Needle Tree.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh, those buttons are pretty! You're right, it's so hard to find good ones that are reasonably priced. I'm on a "Button Quest" myself now too...wish me luck!
Sarah said…
I started knitting this sweater too after trying on the cropped cardigan it was a realizing I looked like some kind of Swiss milkmaid. I am scared of the lace though - me and Orangina didn't get along so well, and this looks similar. I need to take it off the needles and see if the yoke fits, but I always get lazy around that point and it languishes. Your's looks good though, and is making me want to tackle that lace.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks