Happy Christmas, part II

While 'tis better to give than to receive... I did get some excellent knitting-related gifts for Christmas this year that I have to show off.

First, some new dp's for the never-ending parade of socks:
new needles
[I'm interested to see how the Knitpicks needles hold up.]

Then, a complete surprise from a friend, this lovely hand-made project bag:
Bag
[It's got pockets and everything, and is big enough to hold a whole sweater in progress!]

But the pièce de résistance was this gorgeous and carefully-engineered birch swift, made by my dad (and happily coupled with a ball-winder from my sister!) It also breaks down into all its component parts for easy storage - my mom made it a nifty carrying case.
swift
[That's a skein of Cascade 220 on there, with lots of room for more!]

I've already been giving it a workout.
swift in action
[Incidentally I've discovered this REALLY pushes the cat's buttons. Hysterical.]

At my age I feel a bit silly asking for things for gifts, but the amount of knitting I'm doing keeps going up and up. With a greater proportion of it being time-sensitive sample knitting, it's great to be able to wind balls efficiently! Some of you may remember that I've gone on the record before complaining about "cakes" ... I am happily relaxing my position!

I feel fortunate to be surrounded by so many carefully hand-made things.

Comments

brenda said…
Interesting posts the past few days. I also find your Twitter posts from Christmas interesting, too.
Hope you're feeling better.
Brenda
Dove Knits said…
You lucky, lucky girl.
Sarah said…
Ooh, what great Christmas presents. Your dad sure is awesome at woodworking. I guess the crafting gene runs in the family!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

Liquorice Allsorts Socks

My 2012