Third time's the charm

Sometimes there's a yarn that seems to hold so much potential, so much positive energy... and yet continually disappoints.

CTH
[Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck, in the "Watercolor" colorway - the "Potluck" part means every skein is different, and you just end up with a random selection.]

I've held on to this yarn for years now after receiving it as a gift.

I made a really disappointing sock with it.
Rib and Cable
[Rib and Cable socks, which didn't fit and pooled badly.]

I tried another pattern, hoping that would help.
Crusoe
[Crusoe might have been a good choice, but was still awfully ugly. This was as far as I ever got.]

I even tried to overdye the yarn with tea, but I think it only made the colors uglier.
Dye experiment
[The right swatch is black tea; the left is green tea, both set with vinegar. What a terrible orange!]

But I've taken inspiration from the original project photos of the Spring Forward socks from Knitty, and I'm hoping that the third time is the charm with this yarn and a new pattern.
Spring Forward
[On my new KnitPicks needles!]

If not... I may just have to give up entirely! But I am really enjoying knitting this pattern, the knitting is going pretty quickly, and the yarn hasn't pooled in too bad of a fashion. I think I'll tough it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks