Ladies and Gentlemen...

Start your engines!

I have to admit, I think this is a better inaugural sentiment than the Olympic theme music. Perhaps less dignified, but so what.

As today marked the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, I got to cast on for my project that must, per the Yarn Harlot's decree, be completed within sixteen days.

Day 1

Here is my progress, which amounts to most of the cuff of one mitten. At this rate I will finish, but anything can happen. Right now I just hate hate hate corrugated ribbing because it is possibly the slowest knitting technique I currently know how to employ.

Faster, Higher, Stronger, here I come. (It's either that or an unhealthy combination of carpal tunnel and dropping out of grad school.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks