Rounding the last turn


day 13
Originally uploaded by belleange.

Greetings, again, from mitten land. I got pretty far today (about everything from the stitch holder on up) so I just have a few more rows before the top decreases. After that it's only the thumb... and weaving in all those ends.

I thought today was going to be a really awful knitting day because my wrist has been clicking more than normal lately; I dropped a stitch and didn't catch it til I got all the way around again and wondered what that funny looking thing was, I got knots in the yarn... you get the picture. But it turned out okay.

Today's poor attempt at trying to bring you accurate colors at night with artificial light is brought to you by my willing assistant, Mr. Manila Envelope.

In other news, I got Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush in the mail today. I want to make a bunch of them, but the historical geek in me wants to make them the way they were originally written at the turn of the century, on 0000 needles and everything. Call me crazy! Anyhow, it's a wonderful reference that she was able to translate the patterns into modern knitting-ese. Can't criticize it for what it doesn't do; what it sets out to do it does well.

So today I am a satisfied knitter. I'm being egged on by 2 skeins of KPPPM that I've picked out for the next project, though....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Escargot

My 2012

Liquorice Allsorts Socks